General Manager – NZ’s Most Exciting Young Tourism Brand
Looking for a fresh start in 2018 and a role that you can really get your teeth into?
Haka Tours was founded in 2007 and runs small group adventure, snow and mtb tours of New Zealand as well as a range of private group tours for families and corporates. The wider Haka Tourism Group, includes a growing nationwide chain of upmarket hostels, Haka Lodges, Haka Hotels,NZ Snow Tours and a specialised educational brand, Haka Educational Tours.
We are seeking an experienced General Manager to lead our Haka Tours team, reporting to the company founder. This is a generalist, hands on GM role with a definite slant towards growth, financial and people management. The role is based at our office in Newmarket, Auckland.
As a small grass roots company with big ambitions, it is an exciting time to join the Haka Tourism Group. We are a growth oriented brand with a clear strategic direction who has won a number of sought after awards including National Tourism Awards, NZ Innovation Award as well as being named New Zealand’s Best Emerging Business at the NZ International Business Awards. We are a brand with big ambitions and high expectations so are on the hunt for an exceptional person to join our team.
Your team includes: Online Marketing Team (Developer, Online Marketing Manager, Content Marketing Manager), Sales Manager, Accounts (1x), Tourism Advisor and Ops Team (5x) Private Groups Team ( 2x) and our Head Tour Manager and Tour Manager team (25 x).
As part of the group management team, you will also have a close horizontal relationship with our GM’s for our Educational and Accommodation brands.
Our company has grown through exceptional customer feedback and customer referrals so part of your remit is to ensure our customer service ethos and delivery is maintained as we transition from an exceptional small company to a world class medium sized company and beyond.
- Exceptional leadership skills with demonstrated results in developing and motivating people and teams
- Possess sound strategic thinking and operational planning skills in a fast growing business
- Proven financial management skills including budgeting and forecasting and a good working knowledge of Xero
- Deliver a customer focused organisation by driving customer centric Sales, Marketing and Commercial excellence
- Championing continuous improvement throughout the organisation. We are big believers in investing in technology to make our lives and our customers experience better
- Self-starter who is independent and resourceful
- Resilient leader who can manage relationships with diverse range of people, clients and suppliers
- Outstanding communication skills and ability to build rapport with people at all levels of our organisation
- Can quickly adjust to changing priorities
- Ensure our Health and Safety policies and procedures are continually updated with staff trained
- Excellent administrative skills
Up for the challenge? Then we are keen to hear from you!
Please submit your CV and cover in the first instance.
Click here to apply for this job.